Why Education Are Matters
Talks about maturation, the process of individual development, experience hypotheses, and human success.
Individual Development as Human
Aristotle has a view of the contents of nature on earth there are 2, including:
- Living things (organic)
- plants, animals and humans
2. and, inanimate (inorganic)
- soil, sand, water, earth and so on
While living things (organic) can be divided into 3 parts, namely:
- Anima Vegetiva (a living being whose life only depends on nature)
- Anima Sensitiva (living creatures whose lives can be moved by instincts or instincts (sense)
- Anima Intelektiva (a creature whose life is the same as the previous two types, but has special abilities such as intelligence (intellectual).
Basically, newly born living things are weak, but there is a difference between animals (anima sensitive) and humans (anima intellectual).
- Animals are born with instincts (sense) when they live, and when they survive.
- Meanwhile, humans are the weakest creatures. Humans are born not equipped with instincts and helpless, so there needs to be protection from other (more mature) humans. However, behind that humans have greater potential than the previous two creatures.
Humans are basically the most vulnerable and weak creatures, so there needs to be supervision and teaching.
Almost all human behavior is the result of the learning process.
Through its uniqueness, humans can learn through experience. In other words, humans need education. (educated animal).
It can be said that every human being can get or find knowledge at any time. Say, he uses his reasoning process towards existence on earth. He thinks and makes sense of whatever is the center of his attention. When the process of reasoning and thinking it can be said that humans are trying to gain knowledge.
Knowledge can take any form, most of what we know is inside our skull — the brain.
In other words, it is a concept or reasoning result that has been interpreted through naming. Nor can naming develop again, so that other branches of knowledge emerge, but still have a relationship with each other.
For example, linguistics has a parent language knowledge. Various kinds of linguists (humans who have more experience and more knowledge of the object being studied) say that the origin of humans creating language is to communicate, in order to maintain their group, so they indirectly teach language knowledge through language.
Meanwhile, knowledge will continue to exist and develop as long as humans live new knowledge in the field of language appears, such as modern linguistics which mentions in more detail the problem of language knowledge.
In short, knowledge creates an approximation between experiences
Knowledge can be divided into several things:
- The knowledge that is needed — and is always being developed by humans to this day. For example various kinds of astronomy, linguistics, social science, or economics, and so on
What is the difference between knowledge and science?
The answer is clearly different. Knowledge can appear at any time and the number is infinite, while science is only a complete collection of knowledge so that it can be summarized and said to be science.
Science covers only a few fields. Both in terms of usability should be useful.
Science will not exist if it does not contain knowledge. Knowledge is born from the human reasoning process.
There will be no science if there is no valid or true knowledge. Because the truth is the basis of knowledge.
Why education are matter?
In fact, apart from being a balancer, education exists because basically, humans are creatures that need to be educated. Unlike animals that can at any time and act as they please.
Humans are anima who have enormous potential and are unique at the cognitive level, compared to other living things (anima) such as animals and plants.
What relation education are matter and maturity also important?
And what is the relationship between the two if they are equally important in human development? From childhood to puberty or towards adulthood.
Who would have thought and realized that someone to become an educated or educator must be aware of his identity.
It is not appropriate if immature humans can be educated, while the development process is hampered.
There are characteristics of what a fully grown human looks like, including:
- Stable — in the sense of not being easy or moving around a lot or still not having a determination about oneself. Never satisfied with yourself and do not know himself.
Why does being an educator need to be mature?
What happens if the educator is not yet an adult, in the sense that he is still constantly changing his direction towards his attitude?
As educators clearly have goals and duties as human directors so that they are educated during the process of student development.
There are special characteristics that distinguish between educators and students, and both exist because they complement and connect each other.
- Educators — physically and spiritually must meet the requirements as an adult human being (in the sense of having enforcement against them). However, if he is still unable to control himself, as a result, his goals and duties as an educator will hinder the path of reciprocity in the learning process for students.
- Learners — must be humans who still have no experience. Even though students are average human beings who are still ‘half-cooked’, if students are interested in their ignorance of new knowledge, so long as learning can run according to its purpose — leading or educating humans so that they become mature in later life.
Education for all time
What does education for all time? means lifelong learning. We (humans) are students, while the world (nature) is the school.
This means that as long as we are in the world, as long as we live in this world, humans will continue to learn.
Making the universe our school of all time. Then even the scary things will disappear.
Humans are organic beings whose behavior is based on processes (experience).
If humans are bad, in the sense that we are human beings in society, then the experience they have received is bad.
If a human being is good, in the sense of being a social human being in terms of education, morals, or ethics (behavior), then whatever he has received is good throughout his experience.
No human is born outright evil. The Joker movie signifies this, by including the experience value of a joker.
Human Success/Happiness Based on Experience
There are several things that actually through human experience can affect how he (what he looks like):
This is what is meant by human success or happiness, depending on where he has arrived (experience). If the person has actually done a lot — good in a certain area — then it is not surprising that the human (will) succeed.
Take Steve Jobs or Elon Musk for example. The two characters might not succeed if they ‘do little’ to whatever they want to achieve.
Elon Musk (as an example) may have done a lot of actions (trial and error) until he was finally able to fly a rocket into space. Perhaps, previously had experienced many failures.
Or before that Elon Musk had read a lot of books about ‘rockets’, thus motivating him and believing that it was his ‘experience’ that would lead to his success in the future. AND IT COULD HAPPEN!
Success/Self-Confidence/Human skills are all measured by experience. The more experience the human has, the more successful/confident/human the person is.
The Hypothesis of Acquiring Human Experiences That Affect Human Fate/Attitude/Personality
The Table of Growth-Mindset:
The table shows several patterns, some of which form like waves (experience) which always include boxes (humans) and arrows (gains), and lines (results) that intersect the three previous patterns.
Basically, all forms on earth are neutral (bad/good). Everything depends (back) on experience. If it continues to be used/interpreted badly, then it becomes a bad form — humans, things, and all kinds of things.
- The neutral line is right in the middle between every human being, and experience.
- The neutral line is a product of human origin. which sometimes goes up and down (sad, angry, disappointed, confident, not confident, happy, and so on)
- The neutral line becomes the key point for the acquisition of human experience and development
The line of self-confidence is the point that humans want to reach the most. All goals of human achievement start from this point. If there are humans who have felt there is a ‘difference’ between themselves and other humans, then this line could be the cause.
Humans are also competing to get to this point, in order to reduce the difficulties during their lives.
- The line of self-confidence is the goal of the human development process
- The line of self-confidence is the difference between other humans
- The line of self-confidence is the highest point in the concept of human development
Not/Low Confidence Lines
This line is usually experienced by many humans who often question themselves about their existence — most of them are bad. At this point, humans can consider themselves useless and incomplete. However, not a few also go through when at this point, humans begin to move. The goal is one, to rise (to the point of confidence by using the experience he has gained.
The task of humans at this point is to gain experience from various ways and sources. Because there is only one way if he wants to be on the neutral line or the line of confidence. Sometimes just being on the neutral line is very good.
- The line of insecurity is humanity’s lowest point
- The line of lack of confidence can trigger people to want to learn (to gain experience)
- The line of insecurity is the cause of people doubting themselves (lack of interest, sadness, depression, and the like)
The line of experience is a source for humans to reach their goals. note: wavy lines from human to human have no relationship with each other — lines are only used as a differentiating gain from one human to another.
- The line of experience is the difference between human gain — “some people are different from other humans, and vice versa”
- The line of experience is a human quality asset
Flow arrows or commonly interpreted as the ups and downs of an experience gain (from gaining, decreasing, and maintaining). Basically, any form, if it is still in a timeline, will definitely follow the flow — everything has a period of time, as time goes on it can decrease or increase.
There is an up arrow and a down arrow. The up arrow indicates someone is in progress (gaining experience). From this level that shows up, humans can be said to be learning and achieving something so that they can be in a certain position.
The down arrow, on the other hand, is the arrow that determines how the experience does not always or always exist. Sometimes there are ups and downs, depending on the time process. This arrow is also called the arrow of flow — which is caused by the law of time.
- Up and down flow arrows are a sign that the owner of something has an expiration date
- The arrow of flow becomes the point of the development process of human experience
The human box is the human itself (us). The boxes are parallel — human nature is indeed parallel. No one is the highest, no one is the lowest. All the same (just like the concept of all forms on earth are neutral). What makes people different is their experience (good/bad or evil, smart/stupid, confident/cowardly, and the like).
- Human nature is equal
- And what distinguishes humans from other humans is experience
Fixed-Mindset & Growth-Mindset
The scope of the growth mindset (blue) is broad in the table, while the fixed mindset (red) is only a small part. What does it mean? The blue line indicates that the scope of the growth mindset is broad, it is the mother of human development.
However, a Fixed mindset which is marked with the letter ‘X’ or cross, indicates that there are factors that hinder the process of development. It exists only to limit humans. With a fixed mindset, humans continue to be fixated on their weaknesses, while over time their weaknesses do not change — feel comfortable about their own or their mindset.
- Growth Mindset can be a major milestone in the process of human development
- Fixed Mindset will only hinder the process
The Final Word
Humans can develop through:
- Learn with the guidance of the teacher
- place: schools/colleges)
2. Learning through experience or independent learning by applying trial and error
- place: every surface on earth.